Two new people join LinkedIn every second, making it the fastest growing social media platform for entrepreneurs and business professionals — and a must-use site for Notary entrepreneurs. At the end of the third quarter of 2012, the network had more than 187 million members in 200 countries and territories, up from 131 million a year ago, according to the social media site.
Recently, the company introduced a new feature called “endorsements,” which is a new way to get recommendations and references from clients and associates. It’s another opportunity for Notaries to brand and network their business, and offers a quick and easy way to recommend others or gain your own endorsements based on specific skills and expertise listed on a LinkedIn profile.
Business Insider has offered some additional tips to help Notaries get more traction from a LinkedIn membership:
- Update your photo.
- If you haven’t already included a summary of previous accomplishments - prepare one or update your existing summary for this year.
- Include any volunteer activities to show your community involvement.
- Enhance your skills list, adding any new skills you have gained over the past year.
- Encourage clients or business associates to add endorsements to your profile.
- Join new groups. The NNA maintains a general discussion group for all Notaries, as well as specialized groups for NSAs , Legal and Healthcare professionals.
- Actively engage in the discussions in your groups for networking and business opportunities.