LOS ANGELES, SEPTEMBER 21, 2011 -- The National Notary Association, the leader in best practices, training, and advocacy for the nation’s 4.8 million Notaries, has announced the launch of its new Member Advocate Program to help support Association initiatives that strengthen the Notary office.
The program is designed to engage a group of the most conscientious, dedicated and professional members in every state to be active advocates for Notaries, notarial issues, and the value of membership within the National Notary Association. Member Advocates will serve as powerful influencers, bringing a local perspective on issues and opportunities to the attention of state officials and other leaders in their communities.
“Throughout the Association’s 54-year history we have actively promoted Notary professionalism and awareness of the value that Notaries bring to our daily transactions. Our members have been instrumental in helping us fulfill that mission,” said NNA Chief Executive Officer Marc Reiser. “The Member Advocate Program will take that partnership to a whole new level.”
In order to be accepted into the Member Advocate Program, Notaries must:
- Be a NNA Member in good standing
- Have successfully completed a state required education course, an NNA Certification or attended an NNA Conference in the past 5 years
- Maintain a Notary Public commission or appointment for a minimum of two years
- Demonstrate ability to project a positive image for the NNA and a high regard for professional ethics
- Be aligned with the NNA Core Values of Membership as evidenced through a clean record of public service, community involvement, and/or previous legislative advocacy
- Complete and application and provide two (2) letters of reference
Member Advocates serve on a calendar-year basis and will be eligible to receive exclusive discounts on supplies and other services, special recognition and other benefits. More information about the Member Advocate Program is available on the NNA’s website.
About the National Notary Association
Established in 1957, the National Notary Association (NNA) is the leading professional authority on the American Notary and is dedicated to educating, serving, and advocating for the nation’s 4.8 million Notaries. The NNA imparts comprehensive notarial knowledge and understanding, promotes a positive public perception of the Notary office, and bolsters consumer protection by promoting best practices. The Association’s accredited professional programs, services, and model legislation help Notaries advance their careers and serve the American public with the highest level of professionalism and ethics. To learn more, visit us at NationalNotary.org.